Scania to deliver 360 units of city buses
Kuala Lumpur, 27 May 2013 – Scania (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, a leading manufacturer of heavy trucks, buses and coaches, marine, industrial and power generation engines, announced that it has just secured a 360-city bus order from Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (Prasarana).
The agreement was signed between Dato’ Shahril Mokhtar – Group Managing Director of Prasarana and James Armstrong – Managing Director of Scania Southeast Asia and Scania (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd. The signing ceremony was presided by the Chairman of Prasarana Group – Tan Sri Ismail Adam and witnessed by Amiruddin Ma’aris – CEO of PRIME, Zohari Sulaiman – CEO of Rapid Bus, Idros Puteh – General Manager of Scania Malaysia and distinguished guests from Prasarana, Masdef and Scania Malaysia.
“Scania buses and coaches are renowned for its fuel economy, reliability, safety and comfort. Each component is engineered to heighten the performance of the vehicle. With our new engine platform, Scania buses are now capable of higher torques at lower revs and even lower fuel consumption. Each model can also be customised in terms of passenger capacity, seating plans, comfort levels and other key criteria as required,” said James Armstrong.
Operators today face tough challenges to provide quality service coupled with low running cost. Scania’s K 250 UB 4×2 is configured with low floor chassis with safety features such as handicap excess capability for all passengers. It is equipped with a ramp for full wheelchair access and two docking slot with seatbelts for safe wheelchair anchorage. The body is made of aluminium to reduce weight and fuel consumption, as well as to extend vehicle life. Each bus offers operators a total transportation solution for highly efficient operations combined with Scania’s legendary reliability and outstanding operating economy with the following features:
· Real passenger comfort and safety.
· Low noise levels and full air-suspension offers unparalleled comfort levels.
· Electronic Braking System (EBS), Integrated Retarder and Traction Control (TC) are standard features. Instant appeal for operators and drivers.
· A new powerful engine with higher torque at lower revs, giving you better drivability and better fuel economy.
· The best in class fully-automatic ZF Ecolife gearbox with integrated retarder that gives you smooth and optimal gear-change selection for better comfort and fuel economy.
· Fully-adjustable steering wheel to get the best driver station ergonomics and hanging pedals that enhances driver comfort, giving it a car-like feel.